Friday 5 September 2014

Accidental discoveries #1 The Jerk Theory (movie)

Accidental discoveries will include all those things I accidentally found on the internet or somewhere, anywhere in the world and loved it so much, I had to share.


  It’s a movie about a good guy falling for a girl, getting his heart broken, turning into a jerk and getting his heart mended back again by a nicer girl.



I was bored one night and had hours to spare. So I browsed through YouTube and paused to watch this flick. An hour into the story and I was hugging my knees and smiling like an idiot. Needless to say, I loved it.

My thoughts:

Jenna Dewan played the part of Molly, our protagonist, and she did perfectly well. She captured the mannerisms of a girl next door and her face was just the right amount of genuine, cute and independent.

Josh Henderson nailed it with his portrayal of a nice guy trapped inside the body of a jerk. A little push in the right direction and he was the man of every girl’s dream.

What I didn’t like about the movie were its sidetracks. His friends meddling and goofing around just to keep the ‘humor’ factor intact. That futile absurdity to squeeze laughter from us wasn't necessary at all. The adorable love story was totally enough, without all those distractions.

But overall, it's an entertainer. 

Ratings: 3 stars